The Shivaji Park police on Thursday arrested Republican Sena leader Anandraj Ambedkar and seven party members, and filed a chargesheet against them for forcibly entering Indu Mills in Dadar in December 2011.
On December 6, 2011, Ambedkar and his followers entered the mill premises and erected a makeshift memorial for Dr Ambedkar. The premises was vacated following a court order.
“The 22 accused were issued summons on Thursday, as they need to be arrested when the chargesheet is filed. Ambedkar and seven of his party members presented themselves today and were placed under arrest. After we filed the chargesheet, the court granted them bail,”said DCP Dhananjay Kulkarni (Zone V).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kulkarni added that the number of people who stormed the Indu Mills compound was more than 22. “There are still 14 accused who are wanted, as they did not respond to our summons,” he said.