The Shivaji Park police on Thursday arrested Republican Sena leader Anandraj Ambedkar and seven party members, and filed a chargesheet against them for forcibly entering Indu Mills in Dadar in December 2011.
On December 6, 2011, Ambedkar and his followers entered the mill premises and erected a makeshift memorial for Dr Ambedkar. The premises was vacated following a court order.
“The 22 accused were issued summons on Thursday, as they need to be arrested when the chargesheet is filed. Ambedkar and seven of his party members presented themselves today and were placed under arrest. After we filed the chargesheet, the court granted them bail,”said DCP Dhananjay Kulkarni (Zone V).
Kulkarni added that the number of people who stormed the Indu Mills compound was more than 22. “There are still 14 accused who are wanted, as they did not respond to our summons,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More