The Mumbai District Cooperative Bank has filed a petition in the Bombay High Court against an RBI circular preventing cooperative banks from accepting deposits in demonetised currency notes. The petition seeks setting aside of the circular.
Watch What Else is Making News
Mumbai District Cooperative Bank is chaired by BJP member Pravin Darekar. The petition states that the circular is discriminatory and arbitrary besides violating fundamental rights. “No reason has been given for singling out cooperative banks like this. We act as bankers to other cooperative societies within Mumbai district. If the circular is followed, cooperative societies will not be able to deposit the discontinued currency notes with their banker. This would cause loss to members of such societies,” states the petition.
It further added that various hospitals, petrol pumps, medical stores have their accounts with the bank. They too will be affected, according to the petition.
“There are 1,03,873 saving accounts operating by individuals and 12,285 saving accounts opened by housing societies,” the petition states. It adds that the circular would affect people who have taken loans and pay their EMI through cash.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More