The Mumbai Police Crime Branch on Monday recorded a statement from Deputy Inspector General of Police Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape and molestation by a model.
The woman had last week registered a complaint with the Malwani police, which was later transferred to the Crime Branch, alleging that Paraskar had sexually exploited her since November last year. The Crimes Against Women Cell of the Crime Branch is now probing the case.
Paraskar, who currently holds the post of DIG, Protection of Civil Rights, Mumbai, reached the crime branch headquarters around 12:30 pm on Monday and was questioned for nearly four hours by DCP KMM Prasanna, crime branch and DCP Sharda Raut, headquarters, who heads the CAWC.
“A statement was recorded based on the investigations that have been conducted so far. We may call him once again if needed,” said JCP (Crime) Sadanand Date.
Date added that a detailed statement of the victim had also been recorded and its contents were being verified. “We will be recording her statement in the presence of a magistrate under provision of the section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code in the first week of August,” he said.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Paraskar currently has interim relief till July 31 from the Sessions Court and his Anticipatory Bail Application will be heard on August 1. Date refused to comment on whether the Crime Branch would be opposing it.
Meanwhile, investigators have found several witnesses who saw the victim with Paraskar at the two places that she has named in her complaint, where the sexual exploitation is alleged to have occurred. Crime branch teams visited a bungalow in Malwani and a flat in Navi Mumbai and at both these places, they found witnesses who confirmed that Paraskar and the victim were seen together, said officers.
“A report of our investigation has been sent to the office of the Director General of Police as well as to the Home Department,” Date said.
On Monday, the police also recorded a statement from the victim’s lawyer in connection with a legal notice that she had sent to Paraskar last year.