The Mumbai Police Crime Branch on Monday recorded a statement from Deputy Inspector General of Police Sunil Paraskar, who has been accused of rape and molestation by a model.
The woman had last week registered a complaint with the Malwani police, which was later transferred to the Crime Branch, alleging that Paraskar had sexually exploited her since November last year. The Crimes Against Women Cell of the Crime Branch is now probing the case.
Paraskar, who currently holds the post of DIG, Protection of Civil Rights, Mumbai, reached the crime branch headquarters around 12:30 pm on Monday and was questioned for nearly four hours by DCP KMM Prasanna, crime branch and DCP Sharda Raut, headquarters, who heads the CAWC.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“A statement was recorded based on the investigations that have been conducted so far. We may call him once again if needed,” said JCP (Crime) Sadanand Date.
Date added that a detailed statement of the victim had also been recorded and its contents were being verified. “We will be recording her statement in the presence of a magistrate under provision of the section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code in the first week of August,” he said.
Paraskar currently has interim relief till July 31 from the Sessions Court and his Anticipatory Bail Application will be heard on August 1. Date refused to comment on whether the Crime Branch would be opposing it.
Meanwhile, investigators have found several witnesses who saw the victim with Paraskar at the two places that she has named in her complaint, where the sexual exploitation is alleged to have occurred. Crime branch teams visited a bungalow in Malwani and a flat in Navi Mumbai and at both these places, they found witnesses who confirmed that Paraskar and the victim were seen together, said officers.
“A report of our investigation has been sent to the office of the Director General of Police as well as to the Home Department,” Date said.
On Monday, the police also recorded a statement from the victim’s lawyer in connection with a legal notice that she had sent to Paraskar last year.