Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) president Raj Thackeray on Saturday sent a bouquet to Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray to congratulate him for the grand success of his party in the Lok Sabha elections. Although Raj did not personally visit his estranged cousin to convey the “congratulations and best wishes”, the developments are significant given the bitter differences between the Thackerays.
MNS emissary Sachin More carried the bouquet to Matoshree, Uddhav’s residence in Bandra. Sources in the Shiv Sena said the bouquet was received on behalf of Uddhav by an aide, Adhesh Bandekar.
Sources in the MNS told The Indian Express, “It was just a courtesy. Raj wanted to congratulate Uddhav for the excellent performance in the Lok Sabha elections.”
The MNS, which contested nine Lok Sabha seats this time, failed to make any impact. It not only lost in all seats, but also failed to record more than 1.6 per cent of the total votes polled.
In the past, senior BJP leaders Nitin Gadkari and Gopinath Munde have taken the initiative to bring the MNS into the safforn alliance in the state, but Uddhav had objected to it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A close aide of Uddhav dismissed Raj’s latest gesture saying they hoped it was just a courtesy. “Why should the Sena take any new initiative to reconcile the differences with MNS? In the Lok Sabha elections, Raj fielded seven candidates against Sena. It was clear he was trying to split Sena’s votes. Now, we have proved our strength,” he said.