After its plans to develop state-of-the-art railway stations on public private partnership (PPP), the Indian Railways is planning on similar lines, computerised passenger reservation system (PRS)-cum-unreserved ticketing system (UTS) run by authorised agents or Rail Travellers Service Agents (RTSAs).
The new booths will be called Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra (YTSK). The move comes three months after the railway administration stopped RTSAs from booking tickets and banned entry of agents into computerised reservation centres.
The move will help passengers who cannot avail of online reservation facilities.
“They won’t have to run to railway reservation counters at railway stations. Every RTSA can open four terminals in the city. Those wishing to buy a current or reservation ticket can go to any of these centres and buy a ticket,” said a spokesman.
Pune city has about 20 authorised RTSAs, thus 80 new YTSKs can come up in the city. Apart from making ticket booking more convenient, the railway will benefit from this arrangement, said railway officials.
“Railways has limitations in expanding facilities of passengers reservation centres (PRS). By this arrangement, railways recruit fresh manpower. It just has to create the infrastructure,” said the official.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The railway board had issued a circular this month. To prevent malpractice, timings of operations of terminals are fixed an hour behind opening timing of PRS counters.
As per officials, railways will provide the licensee with computer terminals, ticket printers, modems and the licensee will need two data/communication channels between his location and the nearest computerised PRS centre.