To prevent railway identity cards of season pass holders from being damaged, the Railways will soon provide a plastic pouch to commuters, as per the latest directive issued to the suburban railway administration. The plastic covers will be provided to commuters purchasing new season tickets along with the identity card for free, said a senior railway official.
More than 50 per cent of the 70 lakh commuters on Western Railway (WR) and Central Railway (CR) are season pass holders. “The division has been directed to procure and provide plastic pouches to commuters,” said a senior railway officer.
Also, to avoid initial confusion among commuters following a recent High Court directive on maintaining the address of passengers, the Central Railway, as an interim measure, plans to provide forms at booking counters for season pass holders to self declare their address.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews