To prevent railway identity cards of season pass holders from being damaged, the Railways will soon provide a plastic pouch to commuters, as per the latest directive issued to the suburban railway administration. The plastic covers will be provided to commuters purchasing new season tickets along with the identity card for free, said a senior railway official.
More than 50 per cent of the 70 lakh commuters on Western Railway (WR) and Central Railway (CR) are season pass holders. “The division has been directed to procure and provide plastic pouches to commuters,” said a senior railway officer.
Also, to avoid initial confusion among commuters following a recent High Court directive on maintaining the address of passengers, the Central Railway, as an interim measure, plans to provide forms at booking counters for season pass holders to self declare their address.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen