A 25-year-old woman is suspected to have committed suicide in front of her children by hanging herself at her residence in Yelwadi in Chakan. The deceased has been identified as Kajal Rahul Mohite.
According to police, the incident took place at around 10.30 pm when Kajal’s husband, who is a watchman, had left home for night duty. Since no suicide note was found at the spot, the Chakan police have registered the incident as an accidental death case. Police suspect that Kajal committed suicide and investigation is on to confirm why she took this step to end her life.
Assistant police inspector Mahesh Chavan is investigating the case. “Postmortem report has confirmed that death has taken place due to hanging. We have recorded the statements of her son and parents. Probe is on to understand the reason behind the incident which appears to be a suicide,” said assistant police inspector Chavan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Primary investigation has revealed that after Kajal’s husband left home, she told her five-year-old son Sangram that she is going to die.
The boy allegedly tried to stop her but she did not listen to him.
Police said that at around 10.30 am, she hanged herself with a saree. “She was holding a knife and she cut the saree with it. Then her body collapsed on the floor and her face was injured,” said Chavan.
Her son Sangram and two-year-old daughter Lakshmi were inside the house. Police said the children kept crying after the incident till they fell asleep.
A local resident, Sagar Bhise, informed the police. Soon, a Chakan police team reached the spot and Kajal’s body was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.