A 25-year-old woman is suspected to have committed suicide in front of her children by hanging herself at her residence in Yelwadi in Chakan. The deceased has been identified as Kajal Rahul Mohite.
According to police, the incident took place at around 10.30 pm when Kajal’s husband, who is a watchman, had left home for night duty. Since no suicide note was found at the spot, the Chakan police have registered the incident as an accidental death case. Police suspect that Kajal committed suicide and investigation is on to confirm why she took this step to end her life.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Assistant police inspector Mahesh Chavan is investigating the case. “Postmortem report has confirmed that death has taken place due to hanging. We have recorded the statements of her son and parents. Probe is on to understand the reason behind the incident which appears to be a suicide,” said assistant police inspector Chavan.
Primary investigation has revealed that after Kajal’s husband left home, she told her five-year-old son Sangram that she is going to die.
The boy allegedly tried to stop her but she did not listen to him.
Police said that at around 10.30 am, she hanged herself with a saree. “She was holding a knife and she cut the saree with it. Then her body collapsed on the floor and her face was injured,” said Chavan.
Her son Sangram and two-year-old daughter Lakshmi were inside the house. Police said the children kept crying after the incident till they fell asleep.
A local resident, Sagar Bhise, informed the police. Soon, a Chakan police team reached the spot and Kajal’s body was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.