Information received through the Right to Information Act indicates that the BMC spent more than Rs 1 crore on the renovation of the Malabar Hill bungalow allotted to Additional Municipal Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee.
Activist Anil Galgali, who filed the RTI application, wrote to municipal chief Ajoy Mehta Monday and demanded a probe into the expenditure.
- Modi govt has spent Rs 4,343 crore on publicity, RTI reveals
- PNB denies information on records pertaining to process of issuing loans to Nirav Modi
- BMC general body gives nod to Rs 27,558-crore budget
- Activists write to Devendra Fadnavis seeking transparency in BMC’s working, launch online campaign
- Mumbai Municipal Commissioner Ajoy Mehta should apologise: Ex-CIC
- State spent Rs 7 crore on Adarsh panel
Despite several attempts, Mukherjee could not be reached for comment. An official from the hydraulic engineering department, however, said “there is no misuse of funds”.