The principal of Priyadarshini Vidyamandir, who was arrested on Friday for his alleged involvement in the SSC paper leak case last month, was in touch with police constable Uday Kadam, and leaked the paper to him out of good will, crime branch officers said.
On March 11, an algebra exam question paper of the SSC board was allegedly leaked to a 16-year-old student, who was appearing for his exam at the school in Kandivali. The teen, who was arrested and later released on bail, is the son of police constable Kadam, who works with the Charkop police. Kadam was arrested in connection with the case by the Crime Branch’s Unit 11 on Thursday. Late on Friday night, the police also arrested Mangesh Lad, who is the principal of the school, and was the centre supervisor during the exam.
“Investigations have revealed that Lad and Kadam first came into contact when the former went to the Charkop police station in connection with a No-Objection Certificate for one of his colleagues, a few months ago. Kadam helped Lad get the NOC and they kept in touch after that. As a gesture of goodwill, Lad agreed to help Kadam’s son pass the exam,” said a crime branch officer, who did not wish to be named.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The officer added that as per his agreement with Kadam, Lad gave Kadam’s son a different question paper than the ones being given to the other examinees. Lad is also alleged to have given a copy of the question paper to Kadam an hour before the exam was to begin, and allowed his son to appear for the exam, despite the student having reached the exam hall 15 minutes late.
“There does not seem to have been any exchange of money between Kadam and Lad. They have both been remanded in police custody till April 9. We are questioning them to check if either of them have done similar favours for each other in the past,” said the officer.