The principal of Priyadarshini Vidyamandir, who was arrested on Friday for his alleged involvement in the SSC paper leak case last month, was in touch with police constable Uday Kadam, and leaked the paper to him out of good will, crime branch officers said.
On March 11, an algebra exam question paper of the SSC board was allegedly leaked to a 16-year-old student, who was appearing for his exam at the school in Kandivali. The teen, who was arrested and later released on bail, is the son of police constable Kadam, who works with the Charkop police. Kadam was arrested in connection with the case by the Crime Branch’s Unit 11 on Thursday. Late on Friday night, the police also arrested Mangesh Lad, who is the principal of the school, and was the centre supervisor during the exam.
“Investigations have revealed that Lad and Kadam first came into contact when the former went to the Charkop police station in connection with a No-Objection Certificate for one of his colleagues, a few months ago. Kadam helped Lad get the NOC and they kept in touch after that. As a gesture of goodwill, Lad agreed to help Kadam’s son pass the exam,” said a crime branch officer, who did not wish to be named.
The officer added that as per his agreement with Kadam, Lad gave Kadam’s son a different question paper than the ones being given to the other examinees. Lad is also alleged to have given a copy of the question paper to Kadam an hour before the exam was to begin, and allowed his son to appear for the exam, despite the student having reached the exam hall 15 minutes late.
“There does not seem to have been any exchange of money between Kadam and Lad. They have both been remanded in police custody till April 9. We are questioning them to check if either of them have done similar favours for each other in the past,” said the officer.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review