Poonam Mahajan, the late Pramod Mahajan’s daughter and the BJP candidate from Mumbai North-West Lok Sabha constituency, today met Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray and sought his blessings and support.
“Poonam is like someone from our family. We are happy that she is in the fray and wish her all the best,” Uddhav told reporters after meeting her at the Thackeray residence `Matoshree’ in suburban Bandra.
“The Mahajan and Thackeray families share old ties. I will be voting for her as she is contesting from my Lok Sabha constituency,” the Sena leader said.
Poonam, who is taking on the sitting Congress MP Priya Dutt,said, “Uddhavji is like my elder brother. I came to seek his blessings and am confident of victory.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Giving one vote to Congress is akin to voting for corruption, while a vote for BJP will be a vote for development,” Poonam said.
Poonam, a BJP secretary, has a tough task on her hands as Dutt, the daughter of late actor-politician Sunil Dutt, had won comfortably last time from this constituency.
Dutt had secured 48 per cent of the total votes polled in 2009; BJP’s Mahesh Jethmalani was not even close to the halfway mark. He managed to secure a mere 21 per cent votes. The MNS candidate came in third with 19 per cent votes.