Bharatiya Janata Party’s all-India secretary Poonam Mahajan’s assets have risen 365 per cent in the past five years. On Thursday, Mahajan — who is contesting from Mumbai North Central constituency — declared total assets worth Rs 108.07 crore. Whereas according to information put up by Association for Democratic Reforms, Mahajan had reportedly declared total assets worth Rs 23.23 crore and liabilities of around Rs 36 lakh in 2009 when she contested Assembly polls from Ghatkopar (West).
In her election affidavit submitted to the district election officer, Mahajan has also declared liabilities amounting to Rs 41.44 crore. This stood at approximately Rs 36 lakh in 2009. Mahajan’s current assets include Rs 46.52 crore in movable assets and Rs 61.55 crore in immovable assets.
Among her immovable assets, Mahajan owns a 950 sq ft house in Bhima at Worli worth Rs 4.5 crore and own 50 per cent stake in another 5,766 sq ft house in Raheja Legend, Worli, worth Rs 22.05 crore. Her husband owns the remaining 50 per cent worth Rs 22.05 crore, totalling Rs 44.01 crore.
Mahajan’s husband Vajendla Rao owns a non-agricultural land worth Rs 1.96 crore and a 1,728 sq ft house in Victoria, Worli, worth Rs 11 crore.
Among movable assets, Mahajan owns an Audi Q5 worth Rs 29.52 lakh, while her husband owns an Audi A6 worth Rs 35.74 lakh. Cash in hand declared by the duo was Rs 76,500. Mahajan paid Rs 1.56 crore as tax in 2012-13.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
A major portion of her investments are in bonds, debentures, mutual funds, shares, which amount to Rs 37.02 crore. Mahajan and her husband have shares in Reliance Industries, Indiabulls Power, Kingfisher Airlines, Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance Power, Idea Cellular and Aadya Motor Car Company.