Bharatiya Janata Party’s all-India secretary Poonam Mahajan’s assets have risen 365 per cent in the past five years. On Thursday, Mahajan — who is contesting from Mumbai North Central constituency — declared total assets worth Rs 108.07 crore. Whereas according to information put up by Association for Democratic Reforms, Mahajan had reportedly declared total assets worth Rs 23.23 crore and liabilities of around Rs 36 lakh in 2009 when she contested Assembly polls from Ghatkopar (West).
In her election affidavit submitted to the district election officer, Mahajan has also declared liabilities amounting to Rs 41.44 crore. This stood at approximately Rs 36 lakh in 2009. Mahajan’s current assets include Rs 46.52 crore in movable assets and Rs 61.55 crore in immovable assets.
Among her immovable assets, Mahajan owns a 950 sq ft house in Bhima at Worli worth Rs 4.5 crore and own 50 per cent stake in another 5,766 sq ft house in Raheja Legend, Worli, worth Rs 22.05 crore. Her husband owns the remaining 50 per cent worth Rs 22.05 crore, totalling Rs 44.01 crore.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Mahajan’s husband Vajendla Rao owns a non-agricultural land worth Rs 1.96 crore and a 1,728 sq ft house in Victoria, Worli, worth Rs 11 crore.
Among movable assets, Mahajan owns an Audi Q5 worth Rs 29.52 lakh, while her husband owns an Audi A6 worth Rs 35.74 lakh. Cash in hand declared by the duo was Rs 76,500. Mahajan paid Rs 1.56 crore as tax in 2012-13.
A major portion of her investments are in bonds, debentures, mutual funds, shares, which amount to Rs 37.02 crore. Mahajan and her husband have shares in Reliance Industries, Indiabulls Power, Kingfisher Airlines, Tata Consultancy Services, Reliance Power, Idea Cellular and Aadya Motor Car Company.