The police have said that businessman Ness Wadia, accused of manhandling and misbehaving with actress Preity Zinta, was “not cooperating” with the police’s probe into the incident.
Zinta had on June 12 registered a complaint with the police alleging that Wadia had molested her at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai after the Kings XI Punjab versus Chennai Superkings match of the recent Indian Premier League tournament.
Last week, Wadia had submitted a list of nine witnesses to the police, claiming that they would back his version of the sequence of events.
On Monday, Deputy commissioner of Police Ravindra Shisve (Zone I) said the list was not very helpful as most of the people named in it could not be identified because there were no contact details of these witnesses.
“Wadia is not cooperating with our investigations. He has only given us a list of names, how do you contact these people? There were two persons who were summoned to the Marine Police Station and they claimed they weren’t who we thought they were. No persons from the list have recorded their statements with us. Two of them, Pooja Dadlani and Kamlesh Shah, are out of town, and a third one, Sharad Nath, can not be reached as his phone is switched off,” said Shisve, adding that the contact numbers for Wadia, as specified in his letter, are also incorrect.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
A representative for Wadia, however, said, “Four of the nine persons on the list are known as they have appeared in the media: Pooja Dadlani, Kamlesh Shah, Sharad Nath and Sweety Burman. They can be easily found.”
“We have not received any official request from the police which asks Ness to give his statement,” said Kavita Bhaskaran, another Wadia Group representative.
Shisve has hinted that the police will not hold back taking action even as the statements of the remaining witnesses are being recorded.The remaining five persons on the list submitted by Wadia are Farah Oomerbhoy, Anneline Adams, Lorreta Joseph, Sarika Lal and Reyaan Mustafa.