With several applications being filed in the Bombay High Court seeking recall of an earlier HC order that said women could not be prohibited from entering places of worship where men got unhindered access, the court said it would hear next Monday the issue of maintainability of their applications.
- Ayodhya dispute: Will see if 1994 ruling on mosques in Islam needs re-look, says Supreme Court
- Sohrabuddin killing case: Will oppose petition challenging discharge of Amit Shah, CBI tells Bombay HC
- Padmaavat row: Supreme Court rejects plea challenging CBFC clearance
- Shani Shingnapur row: How a 400-year-old tradition fell apart in barely four months
- Bhumata activists upbeat after bombay hc observation ‘Will celebrate final judgment by visiting temple’s core shrine area’
- Shani Shingnapur row: Allow women entry to temples, says Bombay HC
The court questioned the locus standi of the applicants, considering the public interest litigation that sought entry of women into temples where they were prohibited had been disposed of. The court also asked if the applicants could intervene in the matter if they were not party in the PIL.
“If anybody is hurt then the main remedy is to challenge the order. But it is up to you to seek reverse of the order,” said Chief Justice D H Waghela.