Chief Minister Pritviraj Chavan Friday inaugurated the new district Palghar, making it the 36th district of the state.
The district with headquarters at Palghar, has been carved out of country’s biggest district Thane. It has a population of nearly 29 lakh.
On the inaugural function, Chavan said the government will take all necessary steps to ensure that Palghar is developed into a “modern district”.
“We will make Palghar as the most modern and model district in the country and every facility would be provided to it. Assistance of agency like CIDCO or any other similar agencies will be taken to develop a ‘planned Palghar’ district,” he said.
Tracking down the efforts made to form the new district, the chief minister said Palghar has been created taking into consideration all the factors and that the district is neither a big nor a too small district.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said Plaghar would be developed in terms of developing six-roads, establishing health institutes and education centres.
On a query of the distinct being seen as a ‘tribal district’, Chavan said that the government would take all measures to develop the district.
He refrained to call it as a tribal district. Chavan, praising Maharashtra said, that it is prosperous state in all respect as compared to other states.
“Maharashtra is ‘samruddha’ (prosperous). I would ensure that it is better by all means than other states and I am determined to do it,” he said.
Thane Guardian Minister Ganesh Naik, deputy speaker of the Legislative Council of the state Vasant Davkhare, state revenue minister Balasaheb Thorat were among prominent leaders to attend the inauguration function.