Chief Minister Pritviraj Chavan Friday inaugurated the new district Palghar, making it the 36th district of the state.
The district with headquarters at Palghar, has been carved out of country’s biggest district Thane. It has a population of nearly 29 lakh.
On the inaugural function, Chavan said the government will take all necessary steps to ensure that Palghar is developed into a “modern district”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We will make Palghar as the most modern and model district in the country and every facility would be provided to it. Assistance of agency like CIDCO or any other similar agencies will be taken to develop a ‘planned Palghar’ district,” he said.
Tracking down the efforts made to form the new district, the chief minister said Palghar has been created taking into consideration all the factors and that the district is neither a big nor a too small district.
He said Plaghar would be developed in terms of developing six-roads, establishing health institutes and education centres.
On a query of the distinct being seen as a ‘tribal district’, Chavan said that the government would take all measures to develop the district.
He refrained to call it as a tribal district. Chavan, praising Maharashtra said, that it is prosperous state in all respect as compared to other states.
“Maharashtra is ‘samruddha’ (prosperous). I would ensure that it is better by all means than other states and I am determined to do it,” he said.
Thane Guardian Minister Ganesh Naik, deputy speaker of the Legislative Council of the state Vasant Davkhare, state revenue minister Balasaheb Thorat were among prominent leaders to attend the inauguration function.