A DAY after an accident involving a vehicle in Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan’s convoy was reported, the deputy commissioner of police (zone XI) has sent a report to the additional commissioner of the North region, stating that there was no breach of the CM’s security.
According to the police officer, the CM was travelling in a Tata Safari SUV that hit its pilot car, which suddenly halted after two vehicles ahead of it suddenly applied brakes on Western Express Highway in Malad (East). The report which has been sent by the DCP states that the accident took place at 8 pm on Saturday night.
Police said a 25-year-old Santacruz-resident was behind the wheel of the Ertiga car. Patil said that the woman was trying to navigate her way through the traffic at the Malad junction when she suddenly braked, causing the pile-up.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The additional commissioner of police, North Zone, Brijesh Singh said that the chief minister is fine and he did not suffer any injuries as he was shifted to another vehicle immediately for his safety.
After the accident was reported, DCP Pravinkumar Patil conducted an inquiry to establish the sequence of events.In the interim report submitted by the DCP he has stated that it was a clear case of road accident. “No breach of security had taken place,” said Patil.
According to the police, the incident occurred as the CM’s convoy was moving on the north-bound stretch towards Mira-Bhayander for a programme. DCP Patil said an Innova car suddenly applied breaks following which a Maruti Ertiga driving it, rammed into it. This resulted in the pilot car crashing into the Ertiga car. As the pilot, a Maruti Gypsy, car also stopped suddenly. The CM’s car hit this navigating vehicle.
In the accident, Assistant Police Inspector (Worli Traffic police) P Desai, who was in the pilot car, suffered minor injuries. The front and backside of both the Gypsy and the Ertiga were damaged along with the Innova car. “The CM car’s front side was also damaged,” said Patil.
“We have recorded the incident but since there was no injury, we have not filed an FIR,” said an officer from the Dindoshi police station.