A DAY after an accident involving a vehicle in Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan’s convoy was reported, the deputy commissioner of police (zone XI) has sent a report to the additional commissioner of the North region, stating that there was no breach of the CM’s security.
According to the police officer, the CM was travelling in a Tata Safari SUV that hit its pilot car, which suddenly halted after two vehicles ahead of it suddenly applied brakes on Western Express Highway in Malad (East). The report which has been sent by the DCP states that the accident took place at 8 pm on Saturday night.
Police said a 25-year-old Santacruz-resident was behind the wheel of the Ertiga car. Patil said that the woman was trying to navigate her way through the traffic at the Malad junction when she suddenly braked, causing the pile-up.
The additional commissioner of police, North Zone, Brijesh Singh said that the chief minister is fine and he did not suffer any injuries as he was shifted to another vehicle immediately for his safety.
After the accident was reported, DCP Pravinkumar Patil conducted an inquiry to establish the sequence of events.In the interim report submitted by the DCP he has stated that it was a clear case of road accident. “No breach of security had taken place,” said Patil.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
According to the police, the incident occurred as the CM’s convoy was moving on the north-bound stretch towards Mira-Bhayander for a programme. DCP Patil said an Innova car suddenly applied breaks following which a Maruti Ertiga driving it, rammed into it. This resulted in the pilot car crashing into the Ertiga car. As the pilot, a Maruti Gypsy, car also stopped suddenly. The CM’s car hit this navigating vehicle.
In the accident, Assistant Police Inspector (Worli Traffic police) P Desai, who was in the pilot car, suffered minor injuries. The front and backside of both the Gypsy and the Ertiga were damaged along with the Innova car. “The CM car’s front side was also damaged,” said Patil.
“We have recorded the incident but since there was no injury, we have not filed an FIR,” said an officer from the Dindoshi police station.