In its reply filed before a special court, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Monday claimed it had not found any incriminating evidence against former Maharashtra chief minister Shivajirao Nilangekar-Patil to investigate his alleged role in the Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society scam.
Social activist Pravin Wategaonkar had filed an application before the special CBI court urging it to direct the central probe agency to register an FIR against Patil. While the agency gave a clean chit to the former CM, it has named his son-in-law Arun Dawle and Dawle’s cousin Sampat Khidse as accused for holding benami property in the controversial housing society.
“The material unearthed during the course of investigation did not warrant any action against them except against the persons/individuals against whom chargesheet has been filed under the Prevention of Corruption Act,” the CBI reply stated.
According to CBI’s reply, no evidence could be collected against Nilangekar-Patil, who was was the revenue minister in 2003-2004 when Adarsh Housing Society was allotted land in south Mumbai’s Colaba.
Wategaonkar, in his complaint, had alleged that Nilangekar-Patil had played an active role in flouting rules and approved the valuation of the land in question at Rs 10.19 crore.
The CBI has already named Nilangekar-Patil’s son-in-law Dawle and Dawle’s cousin Khidse for allegedly receiving Rs 17.60 lakh and Rs 58 lakh respectively to purchase two flats through an entity, M/s Jai Maharashtra, identified as a conduit to pay for the flats belonging to benamis/relatives of public servants involved in granting clearances to Adarsh housing society.
The CBI today also sought dismissal of Wategaonkar’s application.
The next hearing in the matter is scheduled for June 10.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More