State Congress president Manikrao Thakre said Saturday that the party had decided to not accept the resignations of state’s Industries Minister Narayan Rane and Employment Guarantee Scheme minister Nitin Raut.
He said that after the Congress Working Committee meets in Delhi on May 19, a meeting will be convened of state-level leaders to decide the action plan for the Assembly polls.
“Rane and Raut have not sent their letters to the Governor yet. I spoke to Rane and convinced him that there was no need for him to take the blame. We have instructed senior party leaders to not send in their resignations for the sake of well-being of the party,” Thakre said.
Rane had sent its resignation to the chief minister on Friday following the defeat of his son Nilesh, the sitting MP from Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg, which has been a Rane stronghold for over two decades. Rane alleged that a section of local NCP had campaigned for the Sena nominee Vinayak Rane, who won by 1.5 lakh votes.
Raut, a prominent Dalit leader, had sought to resign citing moral responsibility for the party’s loss in his home-ground of Nagpur where BJP leader and former party president Nitin Gadkari trounced Congress stalwart and MP Vilas Muttemwar with a margin of 2.84 lakh votes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More