The Bombay High Court on Monday admitted an appeal filed by Twinkle Khanna, daughter of actor Rajesh Khanna, against the order of a single judge asking her to give a copy of the will of the late actor to his live-in partner Anita Advani.
A division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice M S Sonak was hearing Twinkle Khanna’s appeal against Justice R D Dhanuka’s July 30 order allowed Anita Advani to secure a copy of the will.
Anita Advani has claimed to have lived-in with Rajesh Khanna at his iconic bungalow ‘Ashirwad’. The actor’s live-in partner challenged genuineness of the will, contending he was not in a position to sign it as a result of his deteriorating health condition.
Rajesh Khanna had challenged Justice Dhanuka’s order before the bench. The judges on Monday stayed the impugned order of Justice Dhanuka till Twinkle’s appeal is finally heard and disposed of. The matter will come up for hearing in due course. The bench had earlier granted an interim stay on Justice Dhanuka’s order until Monday. The stay, however, has now become permanent till the appeal is disposed of.
Lawyers Janak Dwarkadas and Birendra Saraf argued that Advani, neither being a family member nor a legal heir, had no right to get a copy of the will. They added, Advani’s claim was based on a complaint filed under the Domestic Violence Act and that did not give her the right to secure a copy of Khanna’s will.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet