BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Friday stood by the defamation complaint filed by him with the magistrate’s court here against Union Minister of Information and Communication Manish Tewari, and sought that the court take cognisance of it and initiate further process.
Gadkari filed the case in December 2010 when Tewari was a Congress spokesperson. He had allegedly accused Gadkari of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society here.
“Gadkari appeared before the court and stated on oath that the statement made by Tewari was defamatory, and sought issuance of process against the latter,” said advocate Rameshwar Gite, the BJP leader’s lawyer.
As per Gadkari’s complaint, Tewari told reporters that Ajay Sancheti, who was close to Gadkari, had a benami flat in Adarsh in the name of his driver.
Gadkari says in the complaint that this was false and defamatory and Tewari be tried for criminal defamation under the Indian Penal Code.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest