Stuti Gupta (21) came to Mumbai in the month of July. She says, Mumbai happened to me when I was 3 or 4, needless to say back then I never
realised the positive influence it had on my sub-conscious mind. The wheels of time grind slowly and finally I land up in Mumbai to pursue my career
in MBA from Welingkars.
What she likes: She says, people somehow manage to live in the city, irrespective of anything and the best part is that they do it with a smile. I see thousands of small homes, homes almost the size of the washrooms, but I never see a permanent sad face in any of those windows. People run, people fight, people struggle here for their dreams. “One does not live in Mumbai, one struggles in Mumbai”. The city gives you respect, happiness
irrespective of your caste, creed, gender and economical status. She adds, I love the train connectivity here. Every time I take the local train, I realise there is always a place for another person. It always looked impossible from the outside to get it, but somehow we always fit in those small coaches.
What she doesn’t like: The traffic here is a major issue. She adds on saying, there is always crunch of resources in the city, the over population leads to the limited resources being distributed over too many people. So, the trains will always be crowded because there are too many people to use them, good restaurants will always have long queue to dine there. And because of the demand and supply imbalance, Mumbai is undoubtedly a very expensive city to live in. Have a comment or suggestion for New To The City?
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls