The driver of an autorickshaw, in which employees of the Indian Navy allegedly chased and harassed a Gujarat-based couple after first molesting the wife in a pub in Khar, has been traced and made a witness in the case against them, Khar police said on Monday.
On Sunday, the Khar police had arrested Maheshwar Mahendrasingh (26), Tirthnath Bilapnath (26), Ashiv Jaikishan (29), Shamprasad Bhandare (21) and Chandan Mishra (26), all of them grade four electricians with the Navy. The complainant, a Gujarat based businessman, has alleged that he had gone to the pub in Khar with his wife and some friends when the suspects allegedly touched his wife inappropriately on the pretext of dancing. The couple complained to the bouncers in the pub, after which the five were evicted. Hours later, when the couple left the pub, the accused allegedly followed and harassed the couple, till the couple called the police control room.
By Monday evening, the police had traced and recorded statements from several eyewitnesses to the entire sequence of events, among them the driver of the autorickshaw in which the accused chased the couple, who were also in an autorickshaw. “The driver has claimed that the accused forced him to follow the victim,” said Police Inspector Arun Mane, Khar police station.
The police said only two of the five accused closely chased and shouted at the couple, while the other three followed in a separate autorickshaw.
Other witnesses with whom the police have made inquiries so far include the driver of the autorickshaw in which the victim couple was travelling, bouncers at the club as well as other customers who witnessed the showdown.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We have also learned that when the couple left the pub, the suspects cornered them at the door and asked them why they had complained to the bouncers. The couple left saying that they had no wish to talk to them,” Mane said.
The police have also asked the pub to hand over footage from any CCTV cameras that may have captured the incident. “The management had asked for some time to give the footage. They said technicians would be called. The premises are also dimly lit so we will have to see if the misbehavior is visible. We have also asked for CCTV footage from cameras outside the pub,” Mane added.