In a minor hiccup for the Navi Mumbai airport, the City Industrial and Development Corporation (CIDCO) is considering extending the submission date for the project’s request for qualification (RFQ) bids. The extension of the submission bids comes in the backdrop of requests from interested bidders who have sought time to make their submissions.
The bids were to be submitted on June 18. Such extension requests are common in most infrastructure projects that have been taken up by the state in the city. However, the Navi Mumbai Airport is already much delayed. Under the original plan, CIDCO was planning to start work on the project in 2010.
“We have received requests from bidders. We will decide on the issue in the project monitoring and implementation committee (PMIC) meeting that will be held on May 6,” said CIDCO Managing Director Sanjay Bhatia. The PMIC is a eight-member team that is headed by the state chief secretary. It was set up in December 2012 to ensure speedy implementation of the project. Over 20 firms have evinced interest in taking up the project and had participated in the pre-bid meeting that was held on April 2. CIDCO had come out with the bid for the RFQ on February 5.
RFQ is the first stage of the bidding process in which CIDCO will finalise which of the players are eligible for the actual bidding of the project. Only those who clear the RFQ stage will be allowed to bid in the request for proposal (RFP) stage. Interested companies will be evaluated on the basis of their financial position and their technical capability. CIDCO was planning to start construction work in 2010 and was planning to flag off the first phase of the project by September 2013. However, the project was stuck in clearance delays, as well as opposition from those who had to part with their land.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest