A Naval policeman was arrested Tuesday for allegedly molesting the wife of a Navy personnel last week. The police said the accused entered into the woman’s house on the pretext of discussing a marital problem and help her.
According to the police, the incident took place on May 7 when accused Vijay Dhek (32) went to the house of the woman at Navy Nagar at 10.30 pm. “The two men (Dhek and the woman’s husband) know each other well. On May 7, the colleague was not at home,” said Sharad Barde, senior inspector, Cuffe Parade police station.
- Ghaziabad: 22-year-old law student alleges rape by uncle
- Mumbai: 75-year-old found dead in Tilak Nagar, wife arrested
- Naval War Room Leak case: Sensational story of info theft still awaits ending
- Delhi photographer murder: Everything you need to know
- Communal tension in West Delhi area after man held for killing daughter’s friend: Cops
- Navy statement after arrest of sailor: Molestation victim’s husband was facing disciplinary action
He said Dhek asked the 40-year-old woman for a glass of water. “Once inside, he went to the woman’s bedroom where Dhek held her hand and pulled her towards him. He told her he could help in her quarrels with her husband,” Barde said.
However, Dhek left after the woman rebuffed his advances. A complaint, however, was not registered until Tuesday. “Once the woman registered her complaint against Dhek, we arrested him promptly. Dhek has been charged with molestation and remanded in police custody,” Barde said.