Three days after actor Inder Kumar was arrested on charges of rape and assault, his wife Pallavi on Monday spoke out in his defence, saying he was “innocent and was wrongly accused”.
Speaking at her Andheri residence, Pallavi claims that it was in fact the victim who came to Inder’s house on April 23, as well as on the next day. The alleged rape and assault is supposed to have occurred the next day. The victim, in her complaint, has told the police that Inder had been sexually exploiting her promising her a role in Bollywood movies and that on April 23, he forced himself on her and also assaulted her brutally.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Pallavi further claimed that the girl had first approached Inder saying that she had been offered a role in a film and that she needed fitness guidance from him as she was unable to afford gym fees.
“The girl then started sending text messages to Inder saying that she loved him and wanted to meet him, and even sent a picture of what was supposed to be her slit wrist. Inder has been disturbed and was even feeling suicidal. He told her that she was ruining his life and even mentioned our daughter to her. All the people in our building will vouch for him,” she claimed.
Senior inspector Harishchandra Parmale, Versova police station, said, “It was Pallavi who had first come to us to complain about Inder and his association with the girl. We will look into her claims.”