The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) on Friday approved the appointment of a consortium formed by M/s AECOM Asia Co Ltd – DAR-Al-Handasah TY Lin International as general consultants for the Mumbai Trans-Harbour Link (MTHL). The appointment was made during MMRDA’s Executive Committee Meeting on Friday.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“The General Consultants appointed for the MTHL project will engage in various activities such as to help MMRDA organise pre-bid meetings, examine bid documents, secure various permissions from government, semi-government, examine concept designs, monitor construction of the project and ensure quality of the work among other things,” said UPS Madan, Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA.
The 22-km-long bridge connecting Navi Mumbai with Mumbai has been in the pipeline for many decades now. However, now the six-lane link is expected to be completed by December 2019. MMRDA had floated tenders for consultants for the project in January this year.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
During the meeting, the Executive Committee also gave their nod to the provision of Rs 340 crore to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the consultants for Line 2A and 7, for the implementation and commissioning of rolling stock, signalling and telecommunication work for the two lines connecting Dahisar to DN Nagar and Dahisar (East) to Andheri (East) respectively.
Pravin Darade, Additional Metropolitan Commissioner, MMRDA, said, “Provision of funds to the DMRC will put Metro-2A and Metro-7 corridors on fast track. Today, Mumbaikars are facing some inconvenience but I assure them that their inconvenience will be a thing of the past soon. We are committed to complete Metro projects as early as possible”.