Two unidentified persons allegedly ‘fired’ at a staffer of a Vile Parle-based restaurant Friday, in what appears to be a case of extortion. While no one heard the shot, a bullet was later found from the spot.
According to the police, two persons came on a bike to Gajalee restaurant in Vile Parle East around 10.30 pm on October 21. The complaint by the restaurant says that the two were wearing black caps and had their faces covered with handkerchiefs. One of the accused stopped at the pantry counter and handed the attendant a card.
Watch What Else Is Making News
An officer said the accused told the employee, ‘Tere andar ke baap ko dena aur call nahi kiya toh upar bhej denge. (Give it to your boss and if he doesn’t call, we will murder him).’ He also pulled out a pistol-like weapon, aimed it at the attendant, and then left. While no one heard any firing, one of the attendants, while cleaning the floor later on, found a bullet shell. The restaurant authorities then contacted the Vile Parle police station. Officers who reached the restaurant found the front portion of the bullet casing from the spot.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police suspect the duo was sent by an underworld gangster who has been making several such extortion attempts recently. A case of attempt to murder has been registered. Officers are checking CCTV cameras in the area to identify the accused and the registration number of their bike.