With several areas in the island city still reeling under power failures caused by cable faults due to incessant rains, the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking hopes to complete all restoration work in the next two days, provided there are no fresh instances of cable failures.
- Puerto Rico's path to restore power shifts after Whitefish exit
- Hurricane Maria: Donald Trump praises disaster relief in Puerto Rico, discounting complaints
- Criminal probe opens into eight deaths at Florida nursing home after Irma
- Power outage: Substations switched off in flooded areas
- Hit by cable failures after heavy rain, BEST struggles to restore electric supply
- BEST electricity consumers face power cuts
As of Tuesday evening, about 1,500 to 2,000 consumers in Mumbai’s island city were still without electricity, with 157 cable faults pending to be repaired, BEST General Manager Jagdish Patil said. “We should be able to attend to all the 157 cable faults in two days if there are no new incidents.”