The Mumbai-based model who has filed a complaint alleging rape against senior IPS officer Sunil Paraskar hit out at the Shiv Sena on Saturday morning over the editorial in its mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, saying that a comment should not be made in such cases without knowing the facts.
“This matter is in the court, no one should be commenting in sensitive matters like this without knowing all the facts,” the victim said.
She also said that Paraskar should produce evidence rather than making public the emails sent by her to him. “Paraskar should provide the evidence (in his defence) to the media rather than showing the mails where I abused him or said that I will file an FIR against him. What do you expect from a girl who had been raped? Should she give respect to the guy who rapes her?” she said.
As to the Saamana editorial’s point about delay of six months in filing of FIR, the victim said Paraskar’s post in the police force at the time of the incident stopped her from immediately filing a complaint.
“Yes it took me time to go to the police. He was an additional commissioner at the time, I knew (about) his power, even today he is taking support from Shiv Sena and others. I have all the mails where I told him what he has done with me and there was no response from his end,” she added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
If Paraskar was really innocent, he should have forthwith registered an FIR against her for defamation, she said. “Why did his wife call me while I was sitting outside the police commissioner’s office? Why did all his drivers recognise me while I was there?” she added.
Saamana said in Saturday’s editorial that filing cases of rape or molestation “to create a hype” had now become “a fashion” and it had become “a weapon to seek personal revenge”.