A 29-year-old priest was found dead early on Sunday in a church in Khopoli. The police suspect suicide, the motive for which is still unknown.
According to the Khopoli police, Reverend Father John Koovakunnel was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his room at St. Anthony Church around 8 am by parishioners who went to check on him after he missed the Mass service.
No suicide note was found in the room, which was locked from inside. Police said Father Koovakunnel’s parents say they have no idea as to what could have prompted him to take the extreme step.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A spokesperson for the Diocese of Kalyan said, “We have requested the authorities concerned for a detailed inquiry to find out the cause of death.”
Koovakunnel, a Kerala native, had been at the church for the past-year-and-half and will be buried in Pune on Tuesday.