A letter addressed to Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria threatening a terrorist attack in the city was sent to the main police control room post Friday afternoon. Maria said the letter, written both in English and Hindi, was signed under the name “Suicide Mujahideen”.
The hand-written letter, partly in English and partly in Hindi, mentioned the first terror attack in the city in 1993. “The letter was received by the main control room and addressed to me. ‘You were lucky in 1993, stop us now if you can’, it read. We have initiated an inquiry into the matter,” Maria said.
The police said the letter also spoke of a threat to Jewish establishments and synagogues in the city on July 25.
This is not the first time Maria has received threats. Till late 2013, he received threats from terror outfit Indian Mujahideen, which vowed to avenge arrests of its members between 2008 and 2013 by the Mumbai Crime Branch and the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad. With Eid this week, the Mumbai police are on high alert , sources said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched