Three young environment lovers are set to undertake a bicycle ride from October 23-25 through four villages, from Mumbai en route to Pune, with plans to help clean the banks of the Mula-Mutha river and to educate villagers on sustainability. Saurabh Gupta, founder of Earth5R, along with two German nature lovers – Maximilian Berens and Sina Maurer – hope to educate villagers, especially women, on sustainable livelihood, financial literacy and environmental health.
“We are delighted to have a team of dedicated partners. They are not just volunteers but new age social entrepreneurs who have taken the responsibility of bringing the change they want to see. It’s a completely sustainable travel. We will stay in tents on agricultural lands, use portable solar lamps, eat local food in recycled utensils, ensuring the ride leaves absolutely no carbon footprint,” says Gupta.
“I founded Earth5R to fill the gap between ideas and execution.” The name reflects five “earth values” – Respect, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Restore.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen