Traffic on Currey Road had to be diverted for almost entire Saturday after an under-construction section of the monorail’s phase II faced technical problems on Saturday afternoon. The 10.6 km long phase II between Wadala to Jacob Circle had a successful trial run in August this year.
On Saturday, the conductor rail, a separate track that provides electric power to the train, got dislocated and fell halfway over the monorail bridge in Currey Road area. According to additional metropolitan commissioner Sanjay Khandare, the repair work was immediately initiated. “It is not a serious problem. Just as a precautionary measure, the traffic has been diverted to another road to avoid any accidents. Repair work is underway to fix the problem,” he said.
The incident happened around noon following which the road remained shut for the entire day. “Traffic in and around Lalbaug and NM Joshi Marg has been slow-moving. The congestion will continue until the road is opened up,” a traffic police official said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The first phase of monorail was between Chembur and Wadala Depot, a distance of 8.93 kms. According to officials, over 90 per cent civil construction work for the second phase is now complete. The trial runs on the entire 20 km route from Chembur to Jacob Circle is expected within a month as the deadline for the start of services on the full route is close to early next year.