A 34-year-old man was killed in Bandra when he tried to help a man who was being threatened at knife-point by an attacker on Thursday. Two other men, who are friends of the attacker, were also stabbed, but are in a stable condition now. Victim Salim Shaikh was heading home in Sant Gyaneshwar Nagar in Bandra East at 8 pm when he spotted two men being confronted by another with a knife, the police said. The police rushed a profusely bleeding Salim to the hospital where he was declared dead upon admission, the police said.
The police said the injured men, Altaf Sahikh (22) and Arvind Bhardwaj (20), would recover. The police arrested the accused, Zafar Shiakh (20), a few hours after the attack. The incident took place when autorickshaw driver Shaikh, who was accompanied by his friend Bhardwaj, spotted his brother Razzak Shaikh (20) smoking hookah with his friend Zafar at a street corner.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Altaf was enraged upon spotting his brother smoke and hit him on the head and started abusing him. This annoyed Zafar, who sought to intervene,” said Sujata Patil, Senior Inspector, Kherwadi police station. Altaf told Zafar it was a matter between him and his brother and warned him to stay out, police said. “Zafar pulled out a steel knife from his pants and threatened Altaf and Bhardwaj,” Patil added.
While the men attempted to persuade Zafar to put the knife away, local resident Salim, who passing by, rushed at Zafar and tried to disarm him, the police said. Zafar allegedly stabbed him in the stomach repeatedly, while also attacking Altaf and Bhardwaj before fleeing, the police said. A hunt was launched for Zafar, with police teams fanning out across Bandra Terminus, Kurla, Dadar and CST railway stations with photographs of the accused.
“We found that the brother of the accused worked at Mahim dargah and questioned him. After running away, the accused had called a friend and we found that his location was in Mahim,” Patil said. Police found him asleep in a shanty. “We recovered the knife and got his police custody,” Patil said.