A 29 years old man has been arrested in suburban Malad for allegedly raping his minor step-daughter, police said on Friday.
According to Malwani police here, a First Information Report was registered against Azeem Shaikh on June 17, after his 14 years old step-daughter accused him of raping her many times since February.
Shaikh absconded after the complaint was registered, but police arrested him last evening from his house.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The victim’s mother had married Shaikh after her first husband died in an accident.
A few days ago, as the girl could not bear the sexual abuse any longer, she ran away to her uncle’s residence, said inspector Ramakant Khandare.
When she refused to return home, there was a heated argument between her mother and her uncle, and the matter was reported to the police. Police shifted the girl to children’s remand home.
“A routine physical check-up at the remand home revealed that the victim had suffered sexual abuse, so the officials initiated enquiry. The girl revealed that her step-father had raped her on many occasions since February,” the officer said.
According to the girl, Shaikh also beat her up and warned of dire consequences if she talked to anybody about the sexual abuse.
He has been charged under sections 376 (rape), 342 (wrongful confinement), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code and sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.