A 29 years old man has been arrested in suburban Malad for allegedly raping his minor step-daughter, police said on Friday.
According to Malwani police here, a First Information Report was registered against Azeem Shaikh on June 17, after his 14 years old step-daughter accused him of raping her many times since February.
Shaikh absconded after the complaint was registered, but police arrested him last evening from his house.
The victim’s mother had married Shaikh after her first husband died in an accident.
A few days ago, as the girl could not bear the sexual abuse any longer, she ran away to her uncle’s residence, said inspector Ramakant Khandare.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
When she refused to return home, there was a heated argument between her mother and her uncle, and the matter was reported to the police. Police shifted the girl to children’s remand home.
“A routine physical check-up at the remand home revealed that the victim had suffered sexual abuse, so the officials initiated enquiry. The girl revealed that her step-father had raped her on many occasions since February,” the officer said.
According to the girl, Shaikh also beat her up and warned of dire consequences if she talked to anybody about the sexual abuse.
He has been charged under sections 376 (rape), 342 (wrongful confinement), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code and sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.