A 35-year-old cyclist hit by a BMC clean-up truck in Cuffe Parade on Thursday died of his injuries after being rushed to hospital.
The deceased, Firdos Dumasia, worked as a watchman and lived near Parsi Sanatorium in Cuffe Parade. The police said that on Thursday evening, the accident took place at 5 pm when Dumasia was returning home.
“The deceased was riding his bicycle on the northbound lane of G D Somani Road when the truck cut across lanes and collided with him,” said Deepak Patil, senior inspector, Cuffe Parade police station.
- Constable dies after being hit by truck
- Using toy gun, unemployed engineer tries to rob bank in south Mumbai, arrested
- IT inspector dies, 3 injured in mishap on Old Pune-Mumbai Highway
- Man shot, woman hurt as ‘thief’ opens fire
- Army truck kills scooterist in Cuffe Parade,driver held
- Paan vendor killed over Rs 50 in Cuffe Parade
Dumasia was rushed to G T Hospital by passersby but succumbed to his injuries there, the police said. 54-year-old Ram Sahay Mourya, who was driving the truck, was arrested, booked for causing death by negligence and remanded to police custody.