A fire broke out on Monday night at a high rise building at Cuffe Parade. There were no injuries reported, fire officials said.
According to officials, the fire broke out on the fourth floor of the Iris building at Cuffe Parade at around 11.49 pm on Monday night. A senior fire official said, “We immediately sent four fire engines and water tankers. Prima facie, it seems to be caused by some problem in the electric wiring of the air-conditioner in the apartment.” The official also added that the blaze has destroyed some furniture and household items in the apartment.
The 15-storey tower is located behind the President hotel in Cuffe Parade.