The Kurar police on Tuesday booked a man for assaulting a woman police officer inside the police station in an inebriated state.
The incident took place early on Monday morning when local resident Mangal Yadav was brought to the police station for creating a ruckus at a bar.
“The accused was made to sit inside the station house while a non-cognisable offence was being registered,” said Limbanna Vhanmane, Senior Inspector, Kurar police station.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
However, Yadav began to shout at the police personnel at the top of his voice and was told to quiet down by Constable Shilpa Govekar, the police said. “The accused pushed the constable and hit her on the side of the head,” Vhanmane said.
After being subdued, Yadav was booked for assaulting a public servant and placed under arrest and was remanded in police custody for two days.