The probe into 60-year-old Vakola resident Bhupendra Vira’s murder has been transferred to the Mumbai Crime Branch on Tuesday, police said.
The Vakola police on Monday arrested former Congress (S) corporator Razzak Khan and his son Amjed in connection with the murder.
“This murder case is sensitive and hence, further probe will be carried out by Unit VIII of the crime ranch,” said Ashok Dudhe, Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime). Vira was gunned down in his home on October 15. He had reportedly filed several RTI applications that targeted Khan over alleged illegal constructions.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai