A major fire broke out at the Cinevista Studio in Mumbai’s Kanjurmarg area on Saturday evening. Eight fire engines were rushed to the spot. People have been evacuated from the studio and no injuries or casualties have been reported. An ambulance was also present at the site. It is reported to be a level three fire.
Two shows namely, Bepanah and Haasil were being shot when the blaze broke out. The reason behind the fire is said to be a short circuit from a generator in the studio. “The disaster happened at about 8 pm and fire engines were summoned immediately. Six fire engines and four water tankers reportedly doused the fire. Luckily, no one has been injured but a lot of property has been damaged. It seems like a pretty bad situation as of now,” shared a source with indianexpress.com.
Mumbai Fire highlights:
10.03 pm: See pictures from Cinevista studio blaze
9.57 pm: The fire has been doused. The firefighters are now looking if anyone is trapped inside the studio.
9.54 pm: Out of the three sets in the studio, one was engulfed in fire.
9.52 pm: Cine Vista studio is spread across 5 acres and is located on the LBS Marg in Mumbai’s Kanjurmarg.
9.48 pm: 150 people were present at the studio when the fire broke out. The cast and the crew of both the shows were immediately evacuated and are reportedly safe.
9.45 pm: The fire department says the call informing about the blaze was received at 8:07 pm and the fire engines reached the spot at 8:25 pm.
— ANI (@ANI) January 6, 2018
9.20 pm: This comes days after a fire incident at the Maimoon Manzil building claimed the lives of four in a family and injured nine others. Before this, On December 28, a major fire at Kamala Mills compound in Lower Parel left 14 people dead. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has directed the BMC Commissioner to conduct an in-depth inquiry into the matter.