Aam Aadmi Party has moved the Bombay High Court seeking registration of an FIR against PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal for allegedly misusing his official position to award contracts for rebuilding Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi and Mumbai and receiving kickbacks from the contractor.
The matter came up for hearing for the first time on Thursday during which Bhujbal’s counsel Prasad Dhakephalkar contended the petition was not maintainable.
A bench, headed by Chief Justice Mohit Shah, directed Bhujbal, a senior NCP leader and the state’s former Deputy Chief Minister, to file an affidavit within two weeks in support of his contention over maintainability of the petition.
It also allowed AAP, which sought the court’s direction for registration of an FIR against Bhujbal, his relatives and others and a probe into the charges levelled by it, by a Special Investigation Team (SIT), to file a rejoinder two weeks after an affidavit has been filed on behalf of the minister.
The petition said AAP had to move the court since no action was allegedly taken on its representations to the state’s Governor, the Chief Minister, the Commissioner of Income Tax, the Director General of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) and the Chief Vigilance Commissioner.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review