SANGLI police have arrested a 28-year-old man on charges of rape, illegal confinement and physical torture after a girl he was in relationship with for six years approached the police alleging that he had locked her inside a building for two days torturing and sexually assaulting her repeatedly.
The case took a turn for worse, when the younger brother of the arrested accused Mayur Dattatray Pawar (28), resident of Kashipura Galli in Tasgaon, committed suicide in his house apparently owing to shock of his brother’s arrest. Police are probing the suicide of the brother, Chaitanya Pawar (26).
According to information obtained from Tasgaon police station, the victim who belonged to Ichalkaranji in neighbouring Kolhapur district and accused Mayur had met at a dance competition about six years ago. They forged a friendship which later turned into love. They opened a dance class in Tasgaon and also stayed together at the hall where the classes were held.
“They also had a bad fallout some years ago and the classes were closed down but Mayur later managed to convince her to return and they started staying together again. Recently, the victim’s mother had fixed her marriage to someone else which didn’t go down well with Mayur. According to the statement of the victim, last week Mayur asked her to come visit him in Tasgaon to collect some intimate picture of the two. When she visited him at the dance class, he forcibly locked her up inside the hall. Tied her to a fan, gave her electric shocks and raped her repeatedly,” said Mohammad Rafikh Shaikh, Police Sub-Inspector with Tasgaon police who is investigating the case.
The incident happened on October 17 to 18. The girl and her mother approached the police the next day. Mayur was arrested on Thursday. Meanwhile, Mayur’s brother Chaitanya committed suicide at his home soon after his brother’s arrest on Thursday.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“He has left out a suicide note saying he was not able to take the humiliation of the family following his brother’s arrest.
He also alleged that the victim and her aunt were harassing the family by demanding money. We are investigating to find out if the allegations are true,” Shaikh said.
A magisterial court in Sangli sent the accused to four days in police custody after the investigating officer submitted that they have to find and nab accomplices, if any, of the accused.