In collaboration with non-government organisation Divjay Foundation, the BMC has started a two-day wellness camp for its safai karmacharis (sanitation workers).
Watch What Else is Making news
On Wednesday, the camp was inaugurated by Amruta Fadnavis, wife of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, and BMC commissioner Ajoy Mehta at the education office at Hindu Colony, Dadar.
During her address to the workers, Fadnavis, who is associated with the Divjay Foundation, said, “I had often wondered why we always talk so much about the cleanliness in our city, but lose sight of the very people who are instrumental in carrying out the difficult task.”
In the camp, 23 doctors from J J Hospital are participating. Fitness guru Micky Mehta will hold a work-out session for the workers, who will also be offered various diagnostic examinations, including tests related to cancer, diabetes and heart ailments.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016