Following a nod from the state cabinet sub-committee of infrastructure, the Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) Sunday invited pre-qualification from companies interested in constructing the Bandra-Versova sea link, a northwards extension to the Bandra-Worli sea link.
MSRDC will conduct a pre-bid conference for potential bidders on March 28, while the last date for the submission of technical bids will be May 30. MSRDC has, for now, decided to open technical bids on May 31, as per the tender notice. The Bandra-Versova sea link will be constructed on public-private partnership at a cost of Rs 5,975 crore, as per the notice.
The project, which received environmental clearance in 2012, has suffered considerable delay. MSRDC had submitted a proposal to the state government for approval soon after the sea link received the environmental clearance. However, the CM-led cabinet sub-committee on infrastructure took it up for discussion only in February this year.
Without any viability gap funding, which refers to the state’s financial contribution in a PPP project, the MSRDC has estimated the concession period to be 35 years. However, after some members of the infrastructure sub-committee expressed reservations about the concession period being too long, the corporation has decided to seek 20 per cent funding from the Union government. This, the MSRDC expects, will bring down the concession period to about 28 to 30 years.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016