VIDARBHA statehood activists led by former MLA Waman Chatap Monday staged a mock Assembly session of “Vidarbha state” here.
Chatap, who acted as “Chief Minister” of the state, led the Treasury benches comprising 40 members while Ram Neole, Shetkari Sanghatana leader, acted as Leader of the Opposition that comprised 22 members in a 62-member House.
What what else is in the news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The stage of Dr Vasantrao Deshpande auditorium was made up like Assembly hall with pro-Vidarbha activists watching the two-day session with a participative spirit, demanding loan waiver to farmers, a demand upheld by the Opposition but rejected by “Finance Minister Srinivas Khandewale, who presented a surplus budget of Rs 1,660 crore. He put the income at Rs 54,040 crore and expenditure at Rs 52,380 crore.
Khandewale, however, rejected the farm loan waiver demand.
The session began in the afternoon with the speech of “Governor” Madhukar Nisal, who hoped the farmers be given loan waiver.