Around 50 Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) workers staged a protest outside Saifee Hospital in Charni Road Friday morning after a staff nurse had to resign from the hospital due to alleged mental harassment.
Following a request from the hospital management, police arrived to ensure the situation did not go out of control. The protest was led by MNS vice-president Asha Mamidi, who later met the hospital’s medical director Dr V P Desa.
“A 35-year-old nurse had to resign after she faced mental harassment at the hands of a department head. Such treatment is not acceptable,” said MNS member Arvind Gawde, who was part of the agitation.
The MNS has given the hospital a week to take action against the Dr Tasneem, head of operational division in the hospital, failing which the party would approach the state women’s commission. According to the allegations, Tasneem had passed derogatory remarks about two nurses working under her.
However, Dr S J Bapai, assistant director and public relations officer at the hospital, claimed MNS’s main demand was to increase the Marathi manpower at the hospital. He said, “Five-six MNS representatives
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
came to meet me. Their demand was to increase the staff strength of Marathi workers in the hospital. We already have around 100 Marathi workers at present.
Amol Gurel, a constable deployed outside the hospital, said a police van and few police personnel had been deployed outside the hospital for the whole day to keep the situation under control. There was no serious agitation, he added.