Independent Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) Omprakash alias Bacchu Kadu was arrested by the Malabar Hill police on Thursday for allegedly trespassing on the official bungalow of Social Justice Minister Shivajirao Moghe earlier this month.
Kadu, the MLA from Achlapur in Amravati, had led a 36-hour-long sit-in protest at Moghe’s bungalow Muktagiri in Malabar Hill on February 3 this year, asking for a host of demands benefiting the physically challenged to be agreed to by the state government. The police said Kadu and a few hundred physically challenged individuals under the banner of the Prahar Sanghatana had gathered at Moghe’s home and refused to leave.
Some of the demands included an increase in pension and grants awarded to the able-bodied when they marry a physically challenged person.
“A law and order situation had developed on the day of the protest. But since most of the protesters were physically challenged, we could not take any action apart from removing them from the premises. On Thursday, we arrested Kadu,” said Inspector Sanjay Naik of the Malabar Hill police station.
Kadu has been booked for unlawful assembly, wrongful confinement, house-trespass and obstructing the police as well as under the Bombay Police Act. He was released on bail soon after, said the police.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest