After her sons Girish and Satish, alleged drug-peddler Shashikala alias Baby Patankar’s brother-in-law Baliram Pujari has now come under the police scanner. The police said he would be soon picked up for questioning in connection with the 150 kg mephedrone — a party drug known as Meow-Meow — that Patankar allegedly peddled. Patankar had allegedly bought the drugs from one Manikan Samuel and passed on a bulk of it to former police head constable Dharmaraj Kalokhe, who was arrested in March.
- Newton box office collection day 5: Word-of-mouth working in favour of this Rajkummar Rao film?
- Five Indian museums rank among Asia's top 25
- Delhi: ED raids premises of retired IAS officer in bribery case
- VIDEO: Azerbaijan President's daughter's selfie fever takes social media by storm
- Shilpa Shetty in military separates is proof that she can ace any look
- Banaras Hindu University violence: Varsity students stage protest in Delhi
“Samuel, during his interrogation, has told us that he met Pujari in the Arthur Road jail around four years ago, when they were both in judicial custody. During this time, Pujari told him about Patankar and her drug peddling business, and later put Patankar and Samuel in touch, after which she started buying mephedrone from him,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Dhananjay Kulkarni.