Union Agriculture Minister and newly-elected Mumbai Cricket Association President Sharad Pawar on Friday withdrew his transfer application in the suit filed by senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde.
Munde, who had thrown his hat in the ring for MCA president’s post, has challenged the rejection of his nomination in the election.
Pawar had earlier sought transfer of case to another court.
“Pawar’s lawyer told the court that they want to withdraw the application with liberty to approach the Bombay High Court,” said Munde’s lawyer, advocate Vivekanand Gupta.
The city civil court allowed the withdrawal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pawar’s transfer application had said that the suit was based upon the interpretation of rules of MCA and the judge had dealt “exhaustively” with them at an earlier stage, but the main hearing too would depend on interpretation of same rules, so “it is desirable that the suit be assigned to any other court for final disposal”.
Munde’s lawyer had termed it forum-hunting and opposed it.
The court, on November 26, had temporarily restrained Pawar from functioning as MCA chief, but Bombay High Court overturned the ruling.