EOW officers identified the suspect as Naushad Shemale (32), a resident of Wadala, who was running a recruitment agency called the Success Jobs – Marine and Multi Services in Belapur. “Shemale was doing an MBA course in an institute in London, but dropped out after completing his first year in 2012. He then started his recruitment agency in Belapur and shortly floated the scheme, wherein people would get one tola of gold and Rs 1,500 a month in exchange for a one-time payment of Rs 33,500.
He also offered a more affordable scheme where one could get Rs 1,500 in exchange for a payment of Rs 3,500,” said an EOW officer. Shemale allegedly employed three agents to publicise his scheme and they started getting their relatives and friends to meet him. All of the investors chose the less expensive scheme and paid him Rs 3,500.
After paying some of them Rs 1,500 a month, he stopped sending the money. However, the investors kept coming and Shemale kept accepting their money, making Rs 1.67 crore over the past two years. In February this year, some of the investors approached the EOW and the agency conducted a preliminary inquiry, after which a complaint was registered. Shemale was arrested on February 13 and is in judicial custody.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are making enquiries about the three agents to determine the extent of their role in the crime,” the officer added.