THE father and brother of a man who was brought dead to the Mulund General Hospital on Tuesday have been arrested by the police for allegedly murdering him because he was an alcoholic.
According to the Bhandup police, the victim, identified as Suvarnakumar Krishnan (35), was brought to the hospital around 4 am on Tuesday by his father Premkumar (66) and his brother Satish (31). Suvarnakumar had sustained severe injuries to his head and was declared dead before admission. Informed by the hospital authorities, a police team visited the hospital and later questioned the father-son duo.
“Premkumar and Satish first claimed that Suvarnakumar had gone out the previous day and had returned around 1:30 am Tuesday, after which he went out again. When he did not return for a long time, they decided to look for him and found him lying on the ground behind their residence in Tembhipada bleeding from the head,” said an officer with the Bhandup police.
Based on their version, the police first registered a case of accidental death, but late Tuesday night, the police received the report of Suvarnakumar’s post-mortem examination, which stated that his injuries were more consistent with an assault.
The police then brought Premkumar and Satish for questioning again.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The duo confessed to have bludgeoned Suvarnakumar to death in the heat of an argument. They have said they were fed up of his drinking habit. When he came home heavily drunk at 1:30 am Tuesday, an argument ensued, during which Suvarnakumar was killed,” the officer added.
Premkumar and Satish have been arrested and charged with murder and attempting to destroy evidence under the Indian Penal Code, the police said.