THE father and brother of a man who was brought dead to the Mulund General Hospital on Tuesday have been arrested by the police for allegedly murdering him because he was an alcoholic.
According to the Bhandup police, the victim, identified as Suvarnakumar Krishnan (35), was brought to the hospital around 4 am on Tuesday by his father Premkumar (66) and his brother Satish (31). Suvarnakumar had sustained severe injuries to his head and was declared dead before admission. Informed by the hospital authorities, a police team visited the hospital and later questioned the father-son duo.
“Premkumar and Satish first claimed that Suvarnakumar had gone out the previous day and had returned around 1:30 am Tuesday, after which he went out again. When he did not return for a long time, they decided to look for him and found him lying on the ground behind their residence in Tembhipada bleeding from the head,” said an officer with the Bhandup police.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Based on their version, the police first registered a case of accidental death, but late Tuesday night, the police received the report of Suvarnakumar’s post-mortem examination, which stated that his injuries were more consistent with an assault.
The police then brought Premkumar and Satish for questioning again.
“The duo confessed to have bludgeoned Suvarnakumar to death in the heat of an argument. They have said they were fed up of his drinking habit. When he came home heavily drunk at 1:30 am Tuesday, an argument ensued, during which Suvarnakumar was killed,” the officer added.
Premkumar and Satish have been arrested and charged with murder and attempting to destroy evidence under the Indian Penal Code, the police said.